Can Honey Take Away My Acne?
Posted by Susan Storm on February 03, 2017
Mmm...the delicious, sticky, sweet taste of honey. It's so yummy, but of course, everything that is this sweet has to be bad for you, right? Turns out, honey is actually sweet, delicious, AND healthy in numerous ways. One of the ways it can help you is by reducing acne and clearing away pimples on your skin!
Four Ways Honey Helps to Reduce Acne:
- Honey pulls away excess oil from your skin, leaving it
smooth and non-greasy.
- Raw honey is naturally anti-bacterial so it will help to remove acne-causing bacteria that can settle in your pores and clogs them up.
- Honey has an osmotic effect, which means that it can draw out excess fluid from pimples and reduce inflammation.
- Honey is full of antioxidants which work to prevent damage caused by free radicals.
Ways to Use Honey to Treat Acne:
- Use a cotton ball to apply a small amount of raw honey to the affected area. Leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm, then cold water. Repeat twice a day.
This raw honey is what we would recommend. It is blended with black seed oil, royal jelly, and green tea leaf which will also help to reduce acne and improve skin tone. You can also use raw honey you find at the grocery store or at a farmer's market. Keep in mind that processed honey will not work very well.
Honey and Cinnamon Paste
Cinnamon is naturally anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial which will also help to reduce the swelling and inflammation of acne and pimples.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with a teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply the paste to the affected area and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Repeat twice daily.
Honey and Turmeric Paste
Turmeric is naturally anti-inflammatory and a disinfectant which will help to kill bacteria and soothe soreness and swelling.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/8 tsp. of turmeric. Apply to the affected area and leave on for 20-30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and follow with a moisturizer. Repeat twice daily.
Use Honey in Your Soap!
Certain soaps have a high raw honey content that allows the honey to work alongside other cleansing and purifying agents. The honey and black seed soap pictured above nourishes skin while diminishing the effects of acne and aging. Click Here to find out more about it!
What Do You Think?
Have you used honey to reduce acne before? Let us know your experience in the comments!